Hey South Jaxsonians!
It was Jackie Robinson day on the 15th (and in baseball, we like to celebrate it all week).
What’s the significance? I believe he is one of those humans that may have changed the course of the world…. Well - if you aren’t sure or would like to find out more, highly recommend you check out these resources:
- JR virtual learning hub - lots of activities for kids (organised by grades, K-12) and families to explore his legacy, his impact, and influence on us. Link: [https://www.jrlegacy.org/]
- Watch the movie 42: Grab your popcorn & family, and make it a great, family baseball movie night!
KNOCK KNOCK: Would love to hear from ya’ll: some feedback, or photos or video clips, or a joke or two, or requests, or even ideas.
- Smile: via former MLB outfielder Eric Byrnes and his son. Enjoy. Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ixq56Ky2YVfSgGiQuoqkNKEXdR_gNtP0
- Sweat: Phase 2 (continued from 2 weeks ago) - bodyweight workout sheet - 3xper week - see attached pdf https://uploads.rampregistrations.com/club/327/files/Bodyweight%20Program%20-%203x%20-%20Phase%202.pdf.
- Baseball - Deee-fense (clap) D-fense (clap louder) Dfense! - At-home wall ball combo. Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fnd3dNmWbpFsFq5fcWL0YonYKJP2H0Y2 Next week: Throwing
- Mental Performance - A gamechanger for us adults! I believe in ya’ll. Link: [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmXGuhn9H5I]
Be safe. Be understanding. Be curious.
http://www.sjpbaseball.ca | Home of the South Jasper Place Blue Jays Baseball Club